An overview of the lecture on “Underlying Principles and Pretexts of popular Islamic Finance Products”
- Date: 22 September 2022
- Time: 12Noon (Kuwait time)
- Speaker: Prof. Dr. Luqman Zakariyah, Professor of Islamic Jurisprudence, Department of Islamic Studies, Faculty of Arts, University of Abuja
- Organizer: Islamic Econmics Association, Faculty of Shariah and Islamic Studies, Kuwait University
- Web: https://shariaa.org
Islamic Economics Association at the Faculty of Shariah and Islamic Studies, Kuwait University is continuously constructing various types of events and lectures to promote Islamic Finance framework, strategies and standards. In regard to that the lecture on “Underlying Principles and Pretexts of popular Islamic Finance Products” was held on 22 September 2022. Dr. Mohammad Mohiuddin, the Moderator of the session started the session and briefly introduced the Association and the speaker to all participants. The speaker Prof. Dr. Luqman Zakariyah addressed the background of the topic of the lecture at the beginning and mentioned the content of the lecture. Then the lecturer discussed the topic in detail.
Keywords: Islamic Finance. Principle. Pre-text. Product.
The objectives of the lecture are:
- Assisting the researchers, professionals and students to have well understanding of Principles of Islamic finance
- Introducing the principles of mutual consent (PMC)
3. Helping the attendees to understand Principles of Prohibitions and Avoidances (PPA)
4. Addressing the observation of Maqasid al-Shariah in all types of contracts
Prof. Dr. Luqman Zakariyah discussed the topic excellently and he highlighted the following contents in the discussion:
- Introduction to the Course
- Underlying Shariah Principles in Islamic Finance
- Principles of Mutual Consent (PMC)
- Principles of Prohibitions and Avoidances (PPA)
- Observation of Maqasid al-Shariah in all contracts and transactions in Islamic Law
May Allah accept all our good deeds and services.
Dr. Mohammad Mohiuddin
Moderator of the session and
Coordinator of Islamic Economics Association (English Programs)